Fast, simple and fully covered
From finding the right renters to regular maintenance, we understand: The life of a landlord can be busy. While we can’t help you pick the perfect tenant, we can help you feel confident your investment property is protected from damage—and you’re protected from losing income. Should you lose your tenant, we also can quickly and seamlessly transition your Landlord Insurance to a Vacant Dwelling policy.
What coverage is provided?
Eligible rental properties include:
- Named peril coverage. Our "basic form" policy (CP 10 10) protects your property from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
- All risk coverage available. For broader protection, our "special form" policy (CP 10 30) provides coverage for all causes of loss unless specifically excluded from the policy. Our "special form" policy also provides theft coverage for properties with an active central station fire and burglar alarm.
- Property coverage available up to $5 million limit of insurance.
- General liability coverage available. Select this coverage (CG 00 01) for financial protection up to $1 million per occurrence and $2 million aggregate should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
- Loss of rents. An optional coverage that provides fair rental value of the property while it's uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
- Water/sewer backup. An optional coverage available with our "special form" policy offering protection from losses resulting from water rising from the ground such as overflowing sewers or drains, broken sump pumps, etc.
- Converts to a vacant dwelling policy. Between tenants? Your insurance policy can easily be converted to a vacant dwelling policy with a simple endorsement.
- Multiple locations. If you have more than one rental property in the same state, we can provide coverage with just one policy.
- Flexible policy terms. We write 3-, 6- and 12-month policies in most states.
- Flexible payment options. Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
- Solid protection. We have been protecting vacant properties since 1978. Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.
- Well-maintained, one to four-unit family dwellings (minimum building limit: $50,000)
- Fully skirted mobile homes that are anchored and/or on a permanent foundation
- Individual condominium and townhouse units (minimum building limit: $20,000)
- 100% occupied by tenants that have signed an annual lease
- Property that has had continuous, prior insurance coverage