The freedom to build your dreams
Are you ready to turn your vacant property into a dream home? Whether you’re renovating or completely remodeling, you can be confident your property is covered from the first swing of a hammer to finishing touches.
What coverage is provided?
Eligible dwellings include:
- Named peril coverage. Our "basic form" policy (CP 10 10) protects your property from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
- Property coverage available up to $5 million limit of insurance.
- General liability coverage available. Select this coverage (CG 00 01) for financial protection up to $1 million should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
- Converts to a landlord insurance policy. Planning to rent? Your insurance policy can easily be converted to a landlord insurance policy with a simple endorsement.
- Multiple locations. If you are renovating more than one vacant dwelling in the same state, we can provide coverage with just one policy.
- Flexible policy terms. We write 3-, 6- and 12-month policies in most states.
- Flexible payment options. Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
- Solid protection. We have been protecting vacant properties since 1978. Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.
- Dwellings that are 100% vacant and undergoing renovations or remodeling
- Dwellings with up to four residential units
- Dwellings with three residential units and one commercial unit
- Dwellings with two residential units and two commercial units
- Fully skirted mobile homes that are anchored and/or on a permanent foundation
- Individual condominium and townhouse units
Buildings intended for demolition do not qualify for any of our insurance products.