Your vacant business is our business
We understand the importance of protecting your investment for the future. As a vacant commercial building owner, you may be waiting for a new renter, renovating or constructing a new building. Our coverage gives you the peace of mind to know your commercial space will be protected for whatever new business comes its way.
Contact Your Local Agent And Get Insured Today
What coverage is provided?
- Named peril coverage. Our “basic form” policy (CP 10 10) protects your property from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
- All risk coverage available (excluding buildings being renovated and new construction). For broader protection, our “special form” policy (CP 10 30) provides coverage for all causes of loss unless specifically excluded from the policy. Our “special form” policy also provides theft coverage for properties with an active central station fire and burglar alarm.
- Property coverage available up to $5 million limit of insurance.
- General liability coverage available (excluding new construction). For buildings with up to four units, select this coverage (CG 00 01) for financial protection up to $1 million should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
- Flexible policy terms. We write 3-, 6-, and 12-month policies in most states.
- Flexible payment options. Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies, including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
- Solid protection. We have been protecting vacant properties since 1978. Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of “A” (Excellent) by AM Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.
Eligible commercial buildings include:
- Buildings with prior commercial occupancy that are 100% vacant and not being used for storage
- Vacant apartment/condominium buildings with more than four residential units
- Vacant commercial buildings undergoing repairs, remodeling or renovations
- Brand new construction
- Coverage available for mid-term exposures
Buildings intended for demolition do not qualify for any of our insurance products.