New Construction Insurance

Rooftop construction
Building a solid future


From first nail to final touches, you can feel confident that your new construction property is covered.Whether you’re at the beginning of your build or need to pick up coverage part way through construction, we can provide protection at the right price.


What coverage is provided?
  1. Named peril coverage.
    Our “basic form” policy (CP 10 10) protects your property from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
  2. Converts to a landlord insurance policy.
    Planning to rent? Your insurance policy can easily be converted to a landlord insurance policy with a simple endorsement.
  3. Premises liability coverage available as a separate policy in select states.
    Select this coverage (CG 00 01) for financial protection up to $1 million should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
  4. Multiple locations.
    If you have more than one new construction property in the same state, we can provide coverage with just one policy.
  5. Flexible policy terms.
    We write 3-, 6-, and 12-month policies in most states.
  6. Flexible payment options.
    Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies, including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
  7. Solid protection.
    We have been protecting vacant properties since 1978.  Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of “A” (Excellent) by AM Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.
Eligible residential properties include:
  • Dwellings with up to four residential units
  • Dwellings with three residential units and one commercial unit
  • Dwellings with two residential units and one commercial unit
  • Individual condominium and townhouse units