Short Term Rental Insurance

Empty room with balcony

Your vacant business is our business

We know the risks associated with renting your property as a vacation home, which is why we help protect you from damages caused by your guests and even compensate you for lost revenue. While homeowners insurance may not provide adequate protection, our short term rental policy will give you peace of mind should a mishap arise.

What coverage is provided?

  1. Named peril coverage.
    Our “basic form” policy (CP 10 10) protects your vacant dwelling from fire, windstorm, hail, vandalism, smoke, sprinkler leakage, lightning, explosion, vehicle damage, sinkhole collapse, aircraft damage and volcanic action.
  2. All risk coverage available.For broader protection, our “special form” policy (CP 10 30) provides coverage for all causes of loss unless specifically excluded from the policy. Our “special form” policy also provides theft coverage for properties with an active central station fire and burglar alarm.
  3. Property coverage available
    up to $5 million limit of insurance.
  4. General liability coverage available.
    Select this coverage (CG 00 01) for financial protection up to $1 million should you be found legally responsible for an accident on the property that causes injury to others.
  5. Easily transition to a landlord insurance policy.
    Is your vacant property now ready to rent? Your vacant dwelling insurance policy can easily be converted to a landlord insurance policy with a simple endorsement.
  6. Multiple locations.
    If you have more than one vacant dwelling in the same state, we can provide coverage with just one policy.
  7. Flexible policy terms.
    We write 3-, 6-, and 12-month policies in most states.
  8. Flexible payment options.
    Installments are available for 6- and 12-month policies, including the ability to pay online any day, any time.
  9. Solid protection.
    We have been protecting vacant properties since 1978. Our coverage is provided by a carrier with a group rating of “A” (Excellent) by AM Best, the leading rating agency for the insurance industry.

Eligible vacant dwellings include:

  • Dwellings that are 100% vacant and not undergoing repairs, remodeling or renovations of any kind
  • Dwellings with up to four residential units
  • Dwellings with three residential units and one commercial unit
  • Dwellings with two residential units and two commercial units
  • Fully skirted mobile homes that are anchored and/or on a permanent foundation
  • Individual condominium and townhouse units


Buildings intended for demolition do not qualify for any of our insurance products.